One-on-One Motivation – Weight-Loss Nutritionist
Weight-loss delivers an incredible surge to your self-esteem, self-confidence and health. You feel in control of your life. I get you started on your weight-loss and lifestyle changes and I stay with you, every day and keep your motivation levels high. You get diet sheets, recipes, advice, empathy and my nutrition education.
How I differ from all other weight-loss nutritionists is the intensity. You get one-on-one motivation from a degree-qualified weight-loss nutritionist every day, at different times, especially your ‘challenging’ times of day, by phone, text, and zoom.
My approach is whole food and to give you the skills to make tasty recipes. No Fads.
Covid-19 forced me to move my practice online and I am stunned at how effective it is. I feel so close to my new clients and yet I have never met them.
I take on a small number of clients per month, all 1-on-1 working with me privately. I only take people who are seriously committed to getting the weight off and we chat by phone before agreeing to work together.
You can exercise for hours every day but if the food is not right, you will not lose weight. Focus on getting the food right first. I refer clients to exercise professionals once I know they have a handle on their food.
“If I can lose 3 stone in weight, what can’t I do now in life?” Lisa, 45yrs, Dublin 6
I am a Weight-Loss Nutritionist
I get to know you
- What are your weight-gain triggers?
- Uncover your habits, behaviours, stressors.
- I Listen.
- We Negotiate.
- Encourage healthy weight loss – no fads
- It is a confidential service. I respect people’s privacy as not everyone wants to talk about personal stuff.
I understand nutritional science
- My 3 year degree in Nutritional Therapy taught me the link between food and disease
- Stress affects our hormones, weight, sleep, mood – I help you manage Stress
- I lecture on Weight Management at ION, London
- A low-carb food plan can make a dramatic difference to some conditions such as Type 2 Diabetes, IBS, SIBO.
- If you experience sugar cravings, a low-carb plan helps
- I help change habits, behaviours and food choices
I know food
- I create my own weight-loss recipes & meal plans.
- Using foods that have proven scientific health benefits.
- You will have new recipes to keep you interested.
- Discover spices & herbs on whole foods for maximum flavour.
- No artificial sweeteners & processed foods.
I encourage you to exercise
- I was a couch potato then become a runner, cyclist, hill walker, gym fan but after a bad injury, I had to stop all exercise, even walking.
- I helped my body heal through yoga over a 12 month period and found that these movements brought peace to the mind as well as freedom to the body. These are ideal forms of movement for people who are stressed and overweight.
- I encourage my clients to move and find the form that suits them best. See Client Video Invite
The Power of 2
- Imagine having someone on your side, constantly motivating you.
- You like being accountable and will love Project 2020’s – U.
- Two people working together achieve more.
- U + 1 = the power of 2 on a weight-loss journey
- Face-to-face meets and online meets.
- This is a personal service and all clients are different.
- A short text at the right time can help to keep you on track.
- We will identify the bumps on the road ahead and plan for them.
TESTIMONIALS – Hear from some happy clients.
I have lost 21lbs with Joan. The best change I have made is to plan my week of meals because my work is so busy. I am a project manager and I have the skills but just did not prioritise myself over work. I feel happier and definitely healthier now and I am eating proper food, not rubbish. I was never hungry once the sugar cravings eased off.
I needed a healthier diet. I was getting more colds than usual and had a bad flu this year. I love sugary food and there is loads at work, close to my desk! What I’ve learnt is to eat 3 meals a day and I bring in my snacks to work and they help me ignore the office treats. I’m eating new foods and I am cooking more. I went down a notch in my belt.
I did an 8 week Health Programme via work and met Joan. I lost weight which was great and I learned alot from her, especially about the amount of carbohydrate I was eating. I’m trying to include some foods every week now to get the good fats and the APP really opened my eyes about food.
I wanted to get fitter, stronger and somehow, after years of failed attempts, curb my sugar addiction. I’d been trying to get started for a few years, but always felt too daunted and worried about failure. Then my GP recommended Joan and she was exactly what I needed to get started. Joan has an exceptional knowledge of nutrition and what we need to take in, and leave out, for us to be healthy and fit. She explains all of that really well and in an easy to understand way. But she also is a wonderful motivator, right down to accompanying you on walks and to the gym and showing you exactly how to cook her many recipes. My attitude to food and exercise has changed totally since meeting Joan. I couldn’t recommend her more highly.
My life is busy and happy, I have 4 children and work but my weight was a source of unhappiness and I was unfit. I tried many diet programmes. I started working with Joan in May 2013 and lost a satisfactory amount of weight in that year. Dieting can be isolating but Joan’s clients do group walks and park activities together and I found the support from the group helpful and I became much fitter. I enjoy eating normal food and no dietary supplements. I regained a little of the weight around the children’s exam time but I kept in contact with Joan and am working it back off. She helped me to get used to the gym environment and I am now a full-time gym goer and love it. I feel fitter and use exercise to relieve life stressors. Best of all, I can maintain my weight loss. I still have some weight to lose but am so much happier in myself and feel more in control. Weight will always be my challenge but I am learning to manage it much better.