Menopause

8
Oct

How to Improve Mood with Food and Nutrients

Changing your diet can improve Mental Health.The brain produces neurotransmitters that control how you feel. My diagram below, outlines how the protein foods you eat, are converted into brain chemicals called neurotransmitters. These chemicals control your feelings. If your diet or digestion are good, this can positively affect your mood. Explore my writing below and take simple measures, one step
Read more
2
Oct

How to improve Sleep during the Menopause

You don’t appreciate it until it is gone’ This is so true when it comes to sleep. Do you remember a time when you fell asleep easily and woke up refreshed, energetic and ready for the day. Then suddenly in your 40’s or 50’s, you begin to experience sleep issues: Difficulty falling asleep Sharp awakenings at 3am Lengthy periods of

Read more

25
Apr

Sources of Calcium in food on a Weight-Loss Diet

Low Carb diets are rich in Calcium but Low Fat diets need a little more attention so know your food sources.  Calcium is the most abundant mineral in our body (1.5%-2% of a healthy weight). 99% of calcium is found in our bones  ( calcium phosphate) and teeth and 1% in our fluids.  We get calcium from the food we

Read more

7
Mar

Good fats essential in menopausal women on a Weight-Loss Diet to prevent Dryness

Do you experience dryness in your eyes, skin, hair, nose and vagina? If you do, you need the good fats, especially if you are on a weight-loss journey. Omega 3 and 6 are  termed ‘essential’ because we cannot make them and have to get them from food. Omega 6 is abundant in nuts and oils but omega 3 is harder

Read more

10
Apr

A few possible causes of Migraines and Headaches including foods.

75% of migraine sufferers report a possible connection between food intake and headaches but Foods is rarely the sole cause. 90% of Headaches and Migraines involve a constriction and/or dilation of blood vessels in the head and neck area affecting the blood flow and circulation to the brain. The remaining 10% can be disorders of the spine (just below neck),

Read more

25
May

Am I Menopausal or could it be my diet, stress or age?

Eating healthily, exercising and managing stress can dramatically ease you through menopause Who would want to be a woman after 40? I asked myself this question many times after turning 40, as did my friends but some were closer to 50 before the symptoms kicked in. Another common declaration I heard was ‘I’m definitely coming back as a man next

Read more

6
Jan

Could your thyroid be slowing down weight-loss?

Symptoms of a Thyroid issue and foods to be cautious about when losing weight The thyroid gland produces hormones that interact with almost every cell in your body.  If is not working properly you can experience a myriad of symptoms. For me, Weight-Gain or difficulty losing weight is the one I look out for most in clients. To be clear

Read more