Chicken & Broccoli crusty Bake
You can eat a little bread on a low-carb food plan and breadcrumbs go a long way. Sometimes I yearn for a crusty top!
One Serving: Carb 14g Fibre 7g Protein 40g Fat 22g kCals 417 (using low fat quark)
420g, 3 or 4 chicken breasts, skin removed, free-range
400g, small broccoli florets ( 1 large head or 2 small heads)
40ml olive oil
100g crème fraiche or Grahams Quark
small handful, 10 to 20g chopped parsley or thyme or both
80g, chopped onion
10g, 2 chopped garlic cloves
Half, a Lemon, juiced
320g cauliflower, blitzed
40g, breadcrumbs, use sourdough
40g, grated parmesan
20g, sesame seeds
- Gather all the ingredients in 1 place and measure out each ingredient before you start cooking
- Pre-heat the oven to 180.
- Add 320g raw cauliflower to a processor and finely blitz. Then add it to a dry frying pan and fry off some of the moisture on a moderate heat. Avoid browning the cauliflower. Set aside to cool
- Chop up small florets of the broccoli, avoid using the stalk
- Add the butter and oil to a small saucepan and bring to a gentle bubble, add the onion and garlic and soften. Now add the raw chicken and begin to cook it.
- Then reduce the heat and add the herb, lemon juice and crème fraiche/quark. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the broccoli and mix well together. Now divide the saucepan content across 2 oven bowels – there is 2 servings in each bowl. You can cook one and keep the other back for the following day.
- Mix the grated parmesan, breadcrumbs and fried cauliflower together and add on top. Sprinkle a few sesame seeds on top.
- Add to a hot oven (180 degrees) for 20 to 25 minutes and then briefly grill the top to get a nice light brown colour, if it has not already browned. Keep an eye on it after 15 minutes to ensure the top is not burning.