This is a meal. It has plenty of vegetables , protein and is made with nutritious bone broth which is good for the gut and joints.
One serving: 5g Carb Kcals 180
Makes 6 servings
250g dark meat off a free-range Rotisserie Chicken
220g, 2 raw chicken breasts
350ml – 1 x Sadies organic chicken broth
1/2 a chicken stock cube with 250ml boiling water
100g – 2 small carrots or 1 large one
200g – leek
100g – 1 to 2 sticks of celery
60g – 6 small asparagus stalks
bay leaf – if you have one
Salt & Pepper
Buy a whole chicken (1500g in weight) and roast it in the oven or buy a free-range rotisserie. Remove all the meat – keep the breasts for another lunch/dinner and use all the dark meat for this soup.
- Chop the leek, celery and carrot, into small pieces and add to the chicken broth in a saucepan. Add the bay leaf or any Herb you like.
- Cook gently for 15 minutes until the veggies begin to soften
- Turn up the heat until the broth bubbles and add the chopped raw chicken breast, leave to bubble for max 2 minutes then down the heat.
- Add the chicken stock and the cooked dry meat and stir well. Leave for another 20 mins on a moderate non-bubble heat and the soup is cooked.
- I leave it to cook, spilt it into 4 bowls and store in the fridge for the next day when it tastes when better.