Creamy Courgette & Mushroom Soup
In my personal experience, soups are the best weight-loss food. They leave you feeling fuller for longer and all of the nutrients are captured.
On a Low-Carb food plan, you can enjoy cream in your food.
Makes 3 servings
One servings: Carb 3 Calories: 170
Makes 2 servings
2 x 15ml olive oil
200g 1 medium sized courgette
200g, mixed gourmet mushrooms – shiitake, oyster, chestnut
200g, 1 punnet of rusticate (small portobello) mushrooms
1 sprig of fresh rosemary and 1 of fresh thyme
50g, half a small white onion
25ml Dairy cream
1 chicken stock cube & 500ml water
- The types of mushrooms will define how tasty this soup is so buy a good mix.
- Wipe the mushrooms and roughly chop. Slice the courgette to fry
- Chop the onion and add to the 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté with fresh rosemary for 5 minutes
- Add the mushrooms and fry on a gentle heat for 5 minutes.
- Empty the frying pan contents into a saucepan and top with the stock
- Fry the courgette slices with the fresh thyme for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the courgette to the saucepan. Blitz the soup to a fine finish and stir in the cream
- Heat gently. Season with salt and black pepper and serve.