Tasty Mushroom Sauce
The selection of mushrooms is important for the flavours of this sauce. I bought Shittake, Portobello, Enoki, Oyster, Morel, Cremini, Porcini and you can add some dried mushrooms if you have some.
Makes 3 servings
One serving of sauce: 5.3g Carb 165 Kcals Protein 3.6g Fat 14g Fibre 2.6g
Makes 3 serving
400g Mushrooms (Shittake, Portobello, Enoki, Oyster, Morel, Cremini, Porcini)
15 ml Olive oil
10g, 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
15ml, 1 tablespoon white wine / apple cider vinegar
10g, 2 teaspoons sun-dried tomato puree
3g, 2 good pinches of chopped Tarragon or Thyme
5g, 1 garlic glove, chopped
60g, Crème Fraiche or sour cream
- Wipe and chop the mushrooms
- Chop the garlic and herb, avoid adding the stalks of the herb
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan on a low heat (4 on my induction hob)
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and leave to sweat with the lid on for 10 mins. Stir a few times
- Add all the other ingredients, stirring in well. Bring to a simmer and then turn the heat down to 2 and start preparing your steak or chicken breast.
- Season with salt and pepper.