Creamy Pepper Soup
In my personal experience, soups are the best weight-loss food. They leave you feeling fuller for longer and there are research trials to back up that fact.
On a Low-Carb food plan, you can enjoy cream in your food you can choose a plant or animal cream.
You can add miso paste to all soups, stews and casseroles. It is a fermented soybean paste and has proven cancer-fighting effects, particularly breast cancer. You use it like you use a stock cube and can be an addition to a stock cube.
Makes 3 servings
1 serving: Carb 13.6g Calories (dairy cream) : 226. (soya cream) 153
Makes 3 servings
2 red bell peppers (300g)
20g sun-dried tomato paste
1 red onion (50g)
25g red lentils
5g olive oil
1 Vegetable or beef stock cube & 700ml water
100ml double dairy cream or soya cream
optional : rosemary or parsley
a pinch cayenne chilli pepper
smoked paprika or paprika
Chefs rather than nutritionist tip: If you have the time, place the peppers under the grill and wrinkle, slightly blackening the skin – this intensifies flavour and sweetness. Then seal the peppers in an airtight bowl for 20 minutes or so. Remove any blackened skin.
- Otherwise, roughly chop the peppers and onion
- Wash the lentils in a sieve under a cold tap
- Heat the olive oil on a moderate heat and add the peppers, onion, chopped herb, sun-dried tomato paste, paprika and cayenne and cook gently for 5 minutes
- Add boiling water to the stock cube , liquidify them and add them to the saucepan. Add the red lentils and cook for 10 mins. Stir well as lentils tend to stick to the bottom of the sauce pan. (note darker coloured lentils take 30 to 40 mins)
- Blend all of the ingredients finely, turn the heat down and adding your choice of cream. Stir in well.
- Heat and taste. Continue to season until you hit the right level for you.