A Fresh Summer Fish Salad
I came across this salad as a starter on my Summer trip through Sussex in June 2022. Definitely worth copying!
It does not store well so prepare fresh and eat on the day – the lettuce goes limp otherwise.
Makes 4 servings
ONE Serving : 5g Carb 211 Kcals Protein 13g Fat 16g Fibre 2g
Makes 4 Serving
100g, grated carrot
120g, the skin of an organic cucumber (1/2 are cucumber)
100g, 1 head of baby gem lettuce, chopped finely
30g, cereal spoon of mayonnaise full fat
1 unwaxed lemon, juiced and zest
10g dill or chives or parsley
120g cooked prawns, chopped
100g smoked salmon
15g x 4 soup cream
30g x 4 Greek full fat yoghurt
pinch cayenne chilli pepper
Gather all of the ingredients in 1 place
- Finely chop the lettuce, carrot and cucumber – I tried to cut thin carrot sticks but it is too much work so use a grater.
- Chop the prawns and smoked salmon
- Add all to a bowl and mix through the mayonnaise and zest. Add the lemon juice bit by bit to find the right consistency for you. Season with black pepper. The salad is ready to serve.
- Place 30g scoop of Greek yoghurt on a plate and use a fork or spoon to swirl it around creating a flat circle
- Place a serving of salad, 200g, on each plate onto the yoghurt
- Place a teaspoon dollop of sour cream on top and sprinkle a pinch of cayenne chilli pepper on top.
Serve with a slice of low carb bread and butter (not included in the Nutri details here)