Keto Bread Roll
If you cannot live without bread, these are a life saver. Enjoy them with soup or use them for Egg Breakfast Rolls or Lunch Rolls
1 Keto Bread Roll Serving: Carb 2g 173 kcals
Makes 6 rolls
40g, 5 tablespoons psyllium husk (I purchased in Nourish health store)
150g Almond Flour
10g, 2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tsp salt
225 ml water
2 teaspoons cider or wine vinegar
3 egg whites ( I got free range ‘Margarets’ bottle in Tesco)
Top with sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease the baking tray using the foil that wraps butter. Gather all the ingredients, measured out in one place as the recipe comes together really quickly.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Put the water in a kettle and bring to a boil.
- Add vinegar and egg whites to the dry ingredients, and combine well. Add boiling water, and use a spoon to gentle blend together. Beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- Moisten hands with a little olive oil and shape dough into 6 separate rolls. Place on the greased baking sheet. Top with sesame seeds.
- Bake on lower rack in the oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread rolls. They’re done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- These rolls are best enjoyed warm or toasted. Once cold, you can store in a fridge and they hold for the week. They are best toasted.
This is a Diet Doctor recipe and Video – – check out www.dietdoctor.com for other recipes.