A fresh and tangy Mango Dressing
A fruity and sharp dressing for a fresh Summer Salad. A client really enjoyed this with fried chicken drizzled in a little sesame oil with toasted seeds scattered on top
Makes 3 servings: 1 serving is 50ml of dressing
One serving of sauce: 3g Carb 197 Kcals Protein 0g Fat 20g Fibre 2g
Makes 3 servings – 150ml
60ml, 4 tablespoons x-tra virgin olive oil or a lighter oil you prefer
60ml, 2 tablespoon of apple cider or a wine vinegar
60g, 1/4 of a mango, moderately sweet
5g, 1 teaspoon of chicory syrup
40ml, 8 teaspoons, the juice of a lime
half a teaspoon Salt or to suit your palate
You will need a small blender, a small jug, teaspoon measures, a lime squeezer and a bottle or jar to store the dressing.
- Add the oil, vinegar and mango and blend together. Some mangos are much sweeter than others
- Add half the amount of lime juice (4tsps) and taste at this point.
- You want to taste sweet and sour, the lime cuts a sour but fresh note through the fruit and oil.
- Add salt and pepper and re-taste.
- Add the chicory syrup
- Finally drip feed in the lime juice until you get the flavour you like.