Salmon & Broccoli crusty Bake
You can eat bread on a low-carb food plan and breadcrumbs go a long way. Sometimes I yearn for a crusty top!
Salmon and broccoli go really well together.
One Serving: Carb 13g Fibre 5g
Protein: 44g. Fat: 47g kCals: 648
480g, 4 x 120g salmon darnes, skin removed after grilling
400g, small broccoli florets ( 1 large head or 2 small heads)
40ml olive oil
100g crème fraiche or low- fat creme fraiche
small handful, 10 to 20g chopped dill
80g, chopped onion
10g, 2 chopped garlic cloves
Half, a Lemon, juiced
320g cauliflower, blitzed
40g, grated parmesan
20g, sesame seeds
- Gather all the ingredients in 1 place and measure out each ingredient before you start cooking
- Pre-heat the grill for the salmon
- Add 320g raw cauliflower to a processor and finely blitz. Then add it to a dry frying pan and fry off some of the moisture on a moderate heat. Avoid browning the cauliflower
- Chop up small florets of the broccoli, avoid using the stalk, and steam them for about 7 minutes. Keep them crunchy and green. Remove from heat and leave to cool in the steamer saucepan
- Drizzle a little lemon juice over the salmon darnes and grill on high heat for just 10 minutes. Then remove from the grill and bin the skin, leaving the salmon to cool on a tray on the counter top
- Add the butter and oil to a small saucepan and bring to a gentle bubble, add the onion and garlic and soften. Then reduce the heat and add the dill, lemon juice and crème fraiche. Season with salt and pepper. Taste the sauce. Season it to your liking.
- In a large bowl, add the broccoli, then gentle flake up the salmon and add them to the broccoli pouring half of the sauce on top, use a spoon and gently mix together to avoid breaking up the fish. Now add all the sauce. Add the mixture to 1 bowl if you are cooking all the servings now . If you saving some for another day, allow the extra portions to cool and refridgerate.
- Mix the grated parmesan, breadcrumbs and fried cauliflower together and add on top. Sprinkle a few sesame seeds on top.
- Add to a hot oven (180 degrees) for 20 to 25 minutes and then briefly grill the top to get a nice light brown colour, if it has not already browned. Keep an eye on it after 15 minutes to ensure the top is not burning.