Thai Red Curry Sauce
Creamy, bursting with flavour and filling. Red Thai Curry suits a LCHF diet. I suggest making 4 servings of the sauce base, cool and store it and you can cook a beef, chicken or prawn into the sauce and have your vegetables on the side.
You can use broccoli stalks in this curry.
This recipe makes 4 sauce servings.
1 Sauce Serving: Carb: 8g Kcals 252
Please add any additional vegetables and meats to your APP e.g. 80g broccoli = 1 Carb totally 9 Carbs with the sauce
Makes 4 servings
15ml, 1 tablespoon olive oil
40g, half a small onion
small red and green chilli
50g, 2 heaped teaspoons Red Thai Paste
400g, full fat coconut milk
350ml, 1 stock cube with water or Sadie’s bone broth
10ml, 2 teaspoons soy sauce
5ml, 1 tsp Fish sauce, Nam Plaa
10g, 1 little of broccoli stalk cut like bamboo shoots(not florets)
30g, a mix of red and green peppers
25g fresh coriander leaves
Juice of a lime
pinch of cumin
pinch of paprika
lemongrass stalk (optional)
dried kaffir leaves (optional)
100g Chicken per person(pp)
or 75g prawns pp (6 to 7 prawns)
or 75g beef strips pp
80g Broccoli – 1 Carb
If you are making for 1 or 2 meals at a time, make the sauce and store half of it for another night. Cook as follows:
- Finely chop the onion, chilli and coriander leaves
- Add the oil to the pan and cook the onion, chilli
- Add the Thai paste, stock broth, coconut milk, soy, fish sauce, lemon grass stalk, kaffir leaves, cumin and paprika, lime juice, coriander and taste.
- Add the red pepper and broccoli stalks, cut finely, cook a little and then taste again.
- The sauce base is finished. Cool it. You have 4 servings.
- You can cook a protein into each serving and have chicken one night with beef or prawn another night.
- Remove the lemon grass stalk and kaffir leaves before eating.
If you are making for 4 people at once , cook as follows:
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the Red Thai paste, onion, chilli, and your choice of chicken, beef or prawn and cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add the stock and coconut milk, stir and then all the other ingredients. Taste and add extra flavourings if your palate needs it – lime, soy, fish sauce.
- Cook at a simmer for 15 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Steam your vegetables to have on the side.